Monday, May 30, 2011

ABDUCTED ON SALE NOW!


ABDUCTEDI started writing ABDUCTED sometime around May, 2008. It was at a time when I was frustrated about writing for so long without a sale...so I decided to write a thriller and kill off a lot of my characters and hopefully my frustrations at the same time. My agent read the first 100 pages and said I was off to a great start. Before I got to page 200 though, I was having nightmares and I didn't think I would ever be able to finish this book.

If you're a writer, you know what I'm talking about. Writers are constantly thinking of scenes...while driving, cooking, showering, you name it. It got to the point where I couldn't walk into my kitchen without visualizing what horrific things the killer in my book could do with that gigantic butcher knife on my counter. I put the book away for nine months, then came back to it, read what I had written, and suddenly I had no problem finishing the book. I was having fun writing ABDUCTED and I was sleeping well. I still have no idea why writing about serial killers no longer bothered me. I finished ABDUCTED in February, 2011.

Let me know if you have any questions about anything. I'll be posting sales numbers for May next week!

4 comments:

lacycameywrites.com said...

Congrats, Theresa! That's exciting :). Can't wait to see your numbers post! Happy last day of May! On to June! :)

Theresa Ragan said...

Hey Lacey! I went to see if your book is up yet...but I don't see it. I guess, you'll just have to tell us when that happens.

And yes, stay tuned for more numbers. I will do that before the end of the week, I promise!

Thanks for the comment!

Loucinda McGary aka Aunty Cindy said...

Theresa,
CONGRATS on book #5!

Looking forward to seeing your stats for May and hope to join you in the ranks of Amazon published authors in June!

AC

Theresa Ragan said...

Yay, Aunt Cindy! That's great news. How is the formatting going? Are you doing it yourself or did you hire someone? How many books do you have planned for 2011?

Let's see...what else...same genre that you've already published in or something different?

Anyhow, I look forward to your release. Thanks for commenting.