Tuesday, August 16, 2011

SALES Update and Random Tuesday Thoughts


Return of the Rose, Medieval Time Travel; 3/2/11 Release; 94,000 words $2.99

Amazon and B&N: 6,100 books sold

A Knight in Central Park, Medieval Time Travel; 3/18/11 Release; 86,000 words $.99

25,000 FREE books 8/11 to 8/15

Amazon and B&N: 14,800 books sold

Taming Mad Max, Romantic Comedy; 4/25/11 Release; 82,500 words $2.99

Amazon and B&N: 1,010 books sold

Finding Kate Huntley, Romantic Suspense; 5/5/11 Release; 82,000 words  $2.99

Amazon and B&N: 1,040 books sold

ABDUCTED by T.R. Ragan - Romantic Thriller; 5/29/11 Release; 93,000 words  $2.99

Amazon and B&N: 4,580 books sold

27, 530* books and 25,000* FREE books = 52,530* potential readers!
Thank you READERS!!! (*Rounded down. Not exact #'s)

Random thoughts on a random Tuesday morning.

Is this really happening to me?

Five months ago, I wasn't sure if I would ever sell a book.

I have genuine readers who are enjoying my stories.

I have never felt luckier.

There are sooo many authors out there willing to help me and others and I think that is the coolest thing. Nice, genuinely helpful, inclusive, welcoming people.

If you, whoever you are, ever have any question at all, please feel free to email me.

Advice: listen to your instincts. I know I am repeating myself, but it's what I have done every step of the way. If something doesn't feel "right" for me, I don't do it, no matter how popular it might be. It has to feel right, whether it's doing an interview, paying $ for advertising, promoting on twitter or blogging about sales. The reason I blog about my sales is because I like reading about other writers' sales. That's how I make my decisions. If I like listening to someone on blogtalk radio, then I will probably talk on blogtalk radio.

I try to stay away from ANYTHING negative. If a post on a blog or kindleboards has any possibility of going in a negative direction, I don't go there. Not because I am afraid of conflict either. Ask any of my sisters...I am NOT afraid of conflict. But I never usually don't go out of my way to find conflict either. (I probably did this in the past, so I should stick with NEVER say NEVER) I believe in good healthy debates, but for the most part I prefer to live in Happy La La land. It's much more fun. It's seriously easier to be negative than positive. It's easier to be in a bad mood than a good mood. "Happiness is a choice that requires effort at times." Great quote by someone out there.

I choose to be happy.

Even before I ever sold one book...I made this choice.

That's why I write romance novels. I love happy endings. I must have a happy ending. Some people call that predictable. I call it predictably wonderful. :)

Happy Tuesday Everyone!

9 comments:

lacycameywrites.com said...

I am so happy for you! I was browsing the top 100 in romance and I saw "A Knight in Central Park" is #104 in the whole entire ebook store on Amazon!

That's so exciting! I immediately came to your blog afterwards to tell you how excited I am for you.

So, I just read your post. If I'm understanding everything correctly, did "A Knight in Central Park" become free for two weeks? How was that experience?

Looks like it was a positive one because now you're #104! :)

Happy for you! - Lacy :)

lacycameywrites.com said...

Whoa! I just reread your post. You had it free for 5 days and it had 25k downloads! WOW! So incredible! :)

Edie Ramer said...

Happy Tuesday! And very happy numbers! I adored A Knight in Central Park, and can see why you're doing so well. I've been too busy to post a review, but will do it soon.

Angi Morgan said...

Very nice and positive.
Thanks for sharing the stats.

~Angi

Theresa Ragan said...

Hi Lacy! I keep seeing you around on kindle board. I hope all is well. The FREE thing was awesome. I love that I have that many more potential readers.

Thanks Edie. I plan to get to Galaxy Girls real soon. Thanks for the nice comment!

Hi Angi. Thanks. Angi is part of a fun blog at Get Lost in A Story at: http://getlostinastory.blogspot.com/

Saranna DeWylde said...

What a great post!

I admire anyone who makes a conscious decision to focus on the positive aspects of any given situation.

A friend of mine told me she plays a game. She will try to find one thing to be thankful for about anything and that usually leads to more. When she couldn't find a job, she found she was thankful for the desire to work and so on.

I try to remember that.

Theresa Ragan said...

Saranna, what a great comment! You gave me chills because of what you said about your friend finding the positive even after losing her job! How great is that?! I love those kinds of stories.

A friend of mine had a cd years ago...dang, I forget what it was called, but it was about training yourself to be positive and happy. For people who are really not happy people it feels fake at first but if they force themselves everyday to find something to be grateful for pretty soon it becomes natural! Just like practicing the piano or learning a new language. :)

C.J. Archer said...

Hi Theresa, I just clicked on your sig line from a KB post to check out your blog. I want to say I love your covers and your books sound like a lot of fun. I'll definitely pick one up and give it a try. I love your attitude too - give me positive energy over negative any day. Good luck and may your amazing sales continue.

CJ

Theresa Ragan said...

Hi CJ, thanks for the nice comment! I have definitely been seeing you around KB and on Amazon. Nice to meet you.

I see that William Shakespeare makes a few cameo appearances in A Secret Life. What fun! My next time travel is set in that same time period.

CJ's book, A Secret Life, can be downloaded for FREE if you want to check out another author. Might not be free for much longer. You never know. http://www.amazon.com/Secret-Life-Hawkesburys-Players-ebook/dp/B0050CLM8C/ref=zg_bstf_digital-text_85